Sunday 10 July 2011

Introduction

I had the idea to start up a blog- about Asperger's Syndrome. I'm a member of a forum for people with AS/Autism, WrongPlanet, which is quite amazing. I'm diagnosed with AS myself and learning more about it every day. The truth is that so few people know about AS- I have to admit that even I didn't have a clue about what it was before I was diagnosed with it and started to learn more about it, learning more about myself in the process.


So many people don't know at all about AS or know very little. As with many things there are so many misconceptions and people thinking the wrong things. Asperger's isn't a disease but a neurological difference- the fact that people with AS may experience so many difficulties is primarily because we are in the minority and therefore this world suits neurotypical people more and doesn't necessarily always take the minority into consideration- if neurotypical people were in the minority they would probably struggle a lot in a world more suited to people with Asperger's Syndrome/ Autism/ Autistic Spectrum Disorders.


This blog is mainly to give information to others about Asperger's Syndrome and related things as well as helping me learn more about it and find more information on it. So there is lots of information to come on this blog...just be patient!


AS people, remember that you're not alone even if it feels like you are sometimes.


Visit http://www.wrongplanet.net/ if you don't believe me. :)


Forest Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to say what you think :)