Monday 11 July 2011

bewarethebob's story

A short story from another WrongPlanet member which might help you understand parts of what it's like to have AS. Thank you bewarethebob and hopefully things are alright for you now.


"I was diagnosed with AS when i was about 7 or 8. At the time, i didnt really understand or care what that meant, people always called me "crazy" and i would use that as a reason to do things i wanted to do. because i was crazy. I am currently 20, living in san diego, training as an conceptual designer. Generally, my AS has always been a mixed blessing. I have a hard time saying what i want, being confident, or sometimes communicating with others. However, i have always had a wild imagination, and that has helped me grow as an artist.
It has always been a mild case, which sometimes, is even more of an issue imo. because then people expect one thing from you, and if or when they find out about you having AS, will leave you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to say what you think :)